20 minutes+ away?

Anyone notice that most of their pickups have been 20+ minutes away. By most, I mean all of mine lately. I can't quite figure out what is going on. I have my area selected but rides are popping up by as much as 50 minutes away from where I am.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket
May 16, 2020 12:02 AM

Well, I think it's all depends on your location and the numbers of Lyft drivers in that area. Also you have to consider them not available at that particular time, probably driving a client to his/her destination.

May 18, 2020 12:20 PM

As a driver, If your estimated time of arrival – ETA – is 5 to 10 minutes, I’d say to go ahead pick them up. But you may need to reconsider when you start getting into that 10 to 15 minute ETA range, and especially the 15 to 25 minute ETA range that I hear about from Lyft drivers in the smaller to mid-sized markets. In some markets there are a lot of 15 to 25 minute ETA pickups.

May 21, 2020 10:10 PM

Is it standard for your area for this to be the time?

I know in my area (though I work for Uber) we can offer rides for people up to 30 minutes away so I sometimes will get requests from people in advance to get them.

May 22, 2020 12:03 AM

25 minutes away is the standard. I am not sure how you would be getting more than that. I find most rides are 10 minutes away or less than where I am so it has never been an issue for me.

May 23, 2020 9:43 PM

When someone is looking to get picked up, they should be within 5 to 10 minutes of you at most. Unless they are requesting to be picked up at a later time and no other drivers are closer than you, you will be put in line to pick them up.

July 25, 2020 6:49 PM