Earnings went up 23%?

I saw a story that earning went up 23% but I am just not seeing it. It seems like rides are lower, if anything, in cost and my take up had decreased so I am a little confused by this.

I would imagine that numbers are being manipulated here, right?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket
May 16, 2020 12:05 AM

I heard about this and no way is this accurate. I would have noticed an increase somewhere. My friend things that this went up for the company because they are charging more for rides while giving us the same percentage of the old cost.

May 23, 2020 9:44 PM

That's true. The ride-hailing company disclosed that it generated revenue of $955.7 million in the first three months of 2020, up 23% from its year-ago Q1 revenue result of $776 million. A lot of profit indeed.

June 1, 2020 8:42 PM

HA! Where!? I have not seen anything extra for me. They are just pocketing all the money like most other corporations that got a cap on the market.

July 25, 2020 6:50 PM

I have been getting a little more recently but that's because I'm doing a few more hours each week.

If there has been a 23% increase, I'm sure not getting it. Would be nice!

July 27, 2020 12:24 AM

This is likely down to stock increasing in the company. The drivers themselves will see very little of this if anything at all. Not even worth talking about unless we know drivers are getting paid more.

July 29, 2020 7:56 PM